Is there a magic pill that can actually slow the aging process? New research indicates, YES!!!!
I’m always on the lookout for new research, tips and tricks, and at-home hacks to help you get the most out of your anti-aging regimens and home treatments. At Illume Aesthetics, we know that 80% of how you look and feel is going to be accomplished at home. So, as we talk about the newest discovery in anti aging medicine, a new study published by molecular psychiatry journal found that high dose supplementation of omega threes help the body resist the detrimental effects of stress and helps slow the aging process at a cellular level. We’re talking about some serious science stuff here. So, we’ve known for a long time that high-dose Omega-3’s are great for a lot of things! In our office we’ve used high quality Omega-3 to address things like:
- Inflammation that leads to uncontrolled acne flares
- Improve a rough, dry, scaly skin
- Decrease overall inflammation in the body
- Improve memory and cognition in patients with traumatic brain injury
- Improves immune function
And so much more! The list of benefits is long and the research is impressive. Omega-3’s are pretty important. And, we know that in addition to these things that actually sustain and increase the length of telomeres, which translates to younger, healthier cells.
The most common source of Omega-3 can be found in fish oil. I love high-dose fish oil! But, what’s considered a high dose? Well, that depends on what you’re wanting to accomplish…
- For anti-aging benefits the study showed that a dose of 2.5 grams a day was the sweet spot.
- What about for acne and skin benefits? We’re suggesting that at least two grams a day!
Are all Omega-3’s created equal? No!
It’s the EPA and the DHA in Fish Oil that’s giving us the benefits. Many of the inexpensive brands will say they have 2000 milligrams of Fish Oil, but when we look at the EPA and the DHA in those doses, we find it would take TWENTY (no joke) of the lower quality brand to equal just two of the high quality brands. So, you aren’t actually saving any money in the long run.
My favorite Fish Oil Brands….
Well, there’s lots of really good stuff out there, but at my office, we carry two.
- Nordic Naturals. This has 2-grams in two pills and it is one of my absolute faves. This is the one I take personally!
- We also carry the MonoPure1300, if you’re needing a higher dose. So for the anti-aging benefits, you’d be taking two of these daily, um, to get your 2.5 grams.
Watch the full video to see my FULL video where I show you my FAVORITE liquid Fish Oil supplement! Ask for more Omega-3 information at your next appointment!
Questions?? Comment Below!
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel to stay up-to-date on our monthly skin and health education topics and follow @illumeaesthetics on Instagram to see our monthly giveaways!